Our Picks For Top 10 Irons Above $500
Are you looking for the best iron club for your next game? Then we will be glad to help you pick out the one that suits you the most. We compiled a list of our top 10 picks covering our favorite clubs from top brands. If you’re a newbie in the game and don’t know what to look for, check out our short guide on how to choose a new iron club that’s most compatible with your playing style. Once you know what you’re looking for, you can check out this list for where to find the best golf iron sets for sale. It’s guaranteed to help you choose the best one for your game.
1 How to Choose New Irons
As there are many types of irons in the market, it may be hard for you to choose the best one for you– especially if you’re just starting. With this buying guide, you’ll know the different types of iron club and how they work so that you’ll know which one is suited for you. Generally, there are three types of irons, the game-improvement, super game-improvement, and player-distance types. We’ll go through them one by one.
● Game-Improvement Irons
These are the most common types of irons and they have a handicap of 14. They are known for big heads and also high level of forgiveness. This type also covers distance pretty well and also gives the ball good speed. Overall, it’s a very balanced type of iron that ranks well in pretty much all aspects. It does have a hollow head making it not such a heavy hitter as compared to a super game-improvement iron.
● Super Game-Improvement Irons
When it comes to strength, this is the best one to look for as it gives the best distance. They are the ones that have the most built-in technology making them the most powerful. If you are looking for power, forgiveness, and distance, this is the one for you. However, with all that power, control and looks are sacrificed.
● Player-Distance Irons
Player-Distance irons are, as the name implies, made for distance hitters. They are usually made with the built-in tech specifically designed for players who hit far shots. The difference between player distance irons and super game-improvement irons is that they are easier to control as they are thin and lightweight. However, control of the ball may be sacrificed as player distance irons are not vulnerable to increased ball spinning and off-target hits.
If you want to make sure that you’re getting high-quality golf irons, then it’s safe to buy those from a big brand. They might be expensive, but you’re paying for the value that you can’t get from cheaper unbranded products. Brands that have gained stature in the society are known to have consistently delivered a positive experience.
2 Game-Improvement Irons
Cobra Golf Men’s King F8
Cobra’s F8 model features Cobra’s patented E9 tech which allows for more power behind your swing making you cover more distance. It also features Pwrshell technology for added thickness in the head making the ball speed increase after your swing. The iron club is also known as one of the most lightweight ones due to its Carbon Feel technology.
● It has a built-in Pwrshell tech for variable tickness.
● It is lightweight because of the Carbon feel technology.
● It has TECFLO technology that improves overall performance for your game.
● It has a spin technology-v grooves to prevent a lot of spinning.
● It is a bit stiff.
● It may feel slightly longer when you grip in a bit further from the top.
Club-Mizuno Men’s Golf Iron Set JPX900
Designed for beginner golfers, this is a very easy-to-use handle with a very light feel but great performance. It also has a built-in hot metal iron making it drive more distance when you swing. It is also very affordable for those who want to start golfing.
● It comes with Golf Pride Multi Compound Grips for easier gripping.
● It has a hard and powerful frame for better hitting power.
● It has regular flexibility.
● Though the manual says it can be adjusted up to 15 degrees, the club loft can only be adjusted plus or minus two degrees.
Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher CBX
This iron club is made for game improvement with its Cup Face technology. This technology increases overall speed and reduces spinning making the swings more accurate. It also has thicker toplines which allow it to smash the ball further than other clubs.
● The Dual-V Sole gives better forgiveness and firmness.
● It has enhanced wedge technology for better control.
● It has a Cup Face technology making it have better balance.
● It has tour zip grooves and laser milling for better distance.
Compared to other club iron sets, there is less selection for Cleveland Launcher CBX.
3 Super Game-Improvement Irons
Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Iron Set
This Cleveland model is made for high and straight hitting. Cleveland has always been known for making super game improvement irons that are lightweight, solid, and great for hitting far distances. It has a CG position for better range and features Cleveland Blue Cap Stock grip for easier usage.
● It has a hollow design for lightweightness.
● It is made of Miyazaki C Kua graphite for more strength.
● It has a progressive design for better launching.
● It has high built-in tech for better straight shots.
Designed as a light club, distance is not the strongest suit of Launcher HB.
TaylorMade Golf MCGB Men’s Iron Set
This iron club focuses a lot on easy feel making it a club that can definitely enhance performance. It also puts an emphasis on forgiveness and distance. It also features face shots on the head for enhanced striking and fewer spins when the ball is hit.
● It has a 2mm club head thickness for total ball speed and high projection.
● It is made out of durable materials for overall long shelf life.
● It makes use of a geocoustic technology to give the best feel for golfers.
● The geocoustic technology also lessens vibrations allowing more solid hits.
● It has limited flex.
XXIO X Graphite Iron Set for Women
This super-game improvement iron club was made especially for ladies. It was built for accuracy and performance making use of 3 types of technology for precise and stronger hits. It is also built to be lightweight for easier handling– especially for beginners.
● It is made of durable titanium for the head and tungsten nickel for the body.
● It is made with a progressive design for ease of use.
● It is run by 3 innovative technologies for better performance.
● It is rather heavy, making it a bad choice for beginners.
4 Players-Distance Irons
TaylorMade Golf P790 Men’s Iron Set
TaylorMade’s P790 model made for distance with its SpeedFoam feature making it easy for you to hit far shorts. It also has a thin 1.75mm face thickness for ultimate flexibility. It is also high strength because of its carbon steel. Other than that, the SpeedFoam also makes it have a very soft feel allowing the user for comfortable handling.
● Its SpeedFoam is built for distance.
● It also has a very responsive feedback.
● It has a very sophisticated and beautiful design.
● It has a hollow construction making it lightweight.
● While it is lightweight in nature, its overall weight is 6.5 pounds, which makes it on the heavy side and may be hard to use if you’re not used to it.
Titleist 718 AP3 Iron Set
Not only does this specialize in distance but also speed. With both speed and distance, this model of Titleist brings a whole new level of performance for those who are distance hitters.
● With a combo of AP1 and AP2 irons, it specializes in hitting far distances through its strength.
● Other than distance, the combo of these two irons gives it the ability to speed up your ball hit.
● It also has a high forgiveness rate.
Designed with an appropriate bounce, the longer irons can cause problems at the top of the bag.
TaylorMade P770 Golf Iron Set
This is a lower grade model of the above mentioned TaylorMade golf set but is good for distance and height. It also has great forgiveness and feedback. It is made of durable material that allows for great performance.
● It is made out of 1025 carbon steel and a tungsten backbar for durability.
● It focuses on the precision with its consistent faces and milled grooves.
● It has a great feel for players who are new to the game.
● It has a heavy total weight.
● It is one of the stiffest models for player distance.
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Golf Iron Set
Mizuno MP-18 has a very strong face making it great for far shots. This also makes it have great hit strength and speed. Because of its multi-material architecture, this iron club is durable and has a high level of performance.
● It is made of a 1770 maraging steel face for strong hits.
● It has tungsten toe weighting making the iron high density.
● It also is very lightweight because of its hollow construction.
● It is a bit too lightweight for long games.
Whether you’re a novice golfer or an experienced one, you’ll need the best equipment in your possession if you want to play a superb game. With any of these 10 clubs, you’ll be able to shoot an amazing game in the field.
Whether it’s distance, ball speed, or overall performance, you can pick any of the above mentioned clubs for your game. Just choose the one for you and enjoy your game.